1. Post the names of perfect attendees in a highly visible place.
2. Send commendation letters to students and parents for perfect attendance and improved attendance.
3. Publicize the consequences of becoming classified as a truant and enforce them consistently. Initiate make-up classes conducted on a weekend or after school when a student is deemed a truant.
4. Refer students with frequent absences to a counselor, administrator, or school social worker to diagnose the problem and recommend solutions to alleviate the circumstances that are contributing to the truancy.
5. Hold a drawing for special prizes donated by local businesses. Use perfect attendance as the eligibility requirement for the drawing.